The Code of Conduct is the manner in which all educators and staff manage themselves, their services and the overall service in Pelican Pre-School and Long Day Care @ Shellharbour.
At all times, we embrace the 'PELICAN' Code of Conduct, as below:
- Professional and ethnical conduct, in a manner which builds relationships within the service, for the benefit of children, families, educators, staff and members of the community.
- Educational, safe, well-equipped, play-based learning environment where all children can experience learning that is engaging and builds success for life.
- Learning outcomes reflective of the Early Years Learning Framework (EYLF), and which guide our everyday practices and curriculum.
- Inclusive, collaborative and respective partnerships with children, families, educators, staff, other services and child care professionals, regulatory authorities and the broader community.
- Contribute to the development of positive community attitudes towards the children's services and educational professionals by fulfilling our responsibilities to the communities in which we serve.
- A commitment to ongoing professional development, critical reflection, knowledge sharing, information exchange, our quality improvement plan, our service policies and procedures and every child's learning.
- Nurturing our children, supporting and scaffolding their senses and understanding of their rights to Belonging, Being and Becoming an active participant in their world.